Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Last show over!

I'm still recovering from the busiest weekend I've ever had. My good friends Chantal and Rob got married on Friday. Their wedding was so beautiful, and the reception was so much fun. It was the first time in a long time that I was able to forget all the hectic stuff going on in my life. I danced my butt off, and got to see a lot of friends that I've lost touch with over the years.

Right after the wedding, I loaded the car so that I could set up for the Corn Hill Festival in Rochester. Saturday morning, I headed out to do the show. The build up of stress, anticipation, and hard work came down to this weekend. The last show of the summer for me. Thank god I had my sister, Mike, and friend Garrett to help me set the booth up.

The show, to say the least- was pretty crappy. It poured buckets Saturday afternoon and turned the crowds away. Sunday the weather was absolutely beautiful. The streets were packed, but no one was buying metalworked jewelry.

I got a lot of compliments on my work though. One woman said I had the most beautiful jewelry at the show (she didn't buy anything). Another woman bought a pair of earrings, and thanked me over and over for making such unique designs that were reasonably priced. That made me feel very good.

Sunday, my friend Mary helped me man my booth. I was a little more awake than the day before, so we had a pretty good time watching the crowd. We played some people watching games to pass the time. Then my Mom drove out to help us take everything down. I don't know how people can manage to do a show by themselves. It is just so much work!

Luckily, I don't work on Mondays, so I got to sleep in. I hung out with the pets in bed all day. I'm still tired even after a whole day of lounging. I think the hype needs to wear off, and I need to get back into a routine before I'll feel back to normal again.

I really would like to post pictures of the new work I made for the shows. I'll be posting those as soon as I get my camera out.

No comments: