Sunday, February 14, 2010

Enameling

 I just realized that I never posted the pictures from my enameling class.  After my computer crashed, I lost my original images so I took some quick shots of my samples to post.

Cloisonne with transparent enamels over white.


Stenciling technique with opaque enamels and painting technique with acrylic enamels.  This sample is still in progress.

Champlave with transparent enamels. The transparents burned a bit because my design had too many small areas.  This resulted in a golden brown color in all of the "tight" spots.  It actually looks very pretty on this piece.  

 This hasn't been cleaned up properly yet, but my Mom spent the day in the studio with me last night and she made a color sample for our opaque enamels.  We'll be doing one next week for all of our transparent enamels.

7 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm hoping to get back into enameling soon. I love it!

littlecherryhill said...

I really want to try my hand at enameling...I even have that Linda Darty book...but am yet to read it lol

Pilynn said...

i just have a test in Material class about Enamel technique:D

what material do you work with? is that Silver?
(:

Katie Do said...

I work with copper when I enamel. I haven't tried it on silver yet, but it seems a waste to me to use silver when I always cover the entire piece. Maybe for future designs in champlave I'll try silver, but for now I'll just use copper.

Jose Ramon Santana Vazquez said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Thomasin Durgin said...

That fish is amazing! great work

Katie Do said...

Thank you! I'm still working on it..and a little afraid to move forward with it.