So- I had been looking forward to studio Thursday since studio Monday. I was getting my metalsmithing groove on today with a bunch of solder jobs. I ran out of solder, so I cut some fresh pallions to use on the new earrings that I am making for my show.
I was on a roll all morning, but all of a sudden my beautiful solder seems just wouldn't flow. My metal was starting to fry, but the dang bit of solder wouldn't budge. My joints were clean and fitted perfectly. Red hot silver +no flow= blue smoke &%@#!
Then I realized I had cut up my sterling silver wire, instead of my argentium hard solder. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
All was not lost, I was able to salvage most of my pieces. Luckily, my brain kicked back on right before I tried to solder the challenging pendant I've been giddy about all week. With that goof up corrected, I'm now looking forward to studio Sunday. We'll see what I get myself into then.