Sunday, September 28, 2008

Necklace In Progress

Many times a sketch just doesn't cut it. I'm trying to decide what to do for the rest of this necklace. Instead of sketching out a zillion pages, I made some links with wax. It's more fun this way.

I don't know which design to use-- and now I'm almost thinking of something very simple... instead of a "v" shaped link, I may just use a single link (a slightly curved segment of heavy round wire that tapers flat to one end). And then connect each link with a swivel rivet. Maybe adding more tube settings throughout. I will be setting amber into the tube setting in the pendant to pull the faint amber color out of the polka dot jasper. All this thinking is going to wrinkle my brian!

1 comment:

Janice said...

Very cool idea in place of sketching! I like them all. :) I may keep some colored yarn at my bench to try a similar 'sketching' technique - thanks!
Janice