Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Rhino CAD

I am going back to school!  I finally have the gumption to finish my degree.  I'm so excited and ready to tie up my loose ends! 

This semester I enrolled in a 3D design course in Rhino CAD.  This program will allow me to design and create 3 dimentional images on my computer.  I am a little intimidated by the whole concept, but also very confident that it will help me with my rendering skills.  Even if I don't use the program after the course I believe it will allow me to visualize my jewelry sketches in 3D better.

It's also that time of year when applications for summer craft festivals are due.  I'm knee deep in forms and paperwork.  I'm getting my schedule organized for the year and I'm very excited about what this year will hold.

I have both an indoor and outdoor booth now, and so this year all I've got to worry about is inventory!  With my enameling kiln in the mail and a heap of metal waiting to be transformed, I'm ready to get started!

3 comments:

Valerie A. Heck Esmont said...

Congrats on going back to school! I'm going back to school in March, going to the New Approach School for Jewelers in VA. That is also very exciting that you have a kiln coming! I'm still setting up my studio.

Janice said...

You go girl!!! One day I want to go back to school - for now I'll live vicariously through all of you peeps!

Janice

Diane said...

Sounds like a great course!! I applaud your attitude and look forward to hearing more. My daughter did a craft fair in Rochester-:Second story Indi" and did very well. It was so interesting and I thought she got a lot of exposure........a positive experience......so have fun with your schedule and let us know where we can find you and when!!!