Friday, November 28, 2008

It's Getting There!


I just finished pricing the last of my Christmas merchandise! I'll be sending it off tomorrow to the final gallery that will display my work for the holiday season. After getting all the production work done- now all I have to think about are Christmas gifts, and then fun stuff.

The fun stuff for me- are the larger, more challenging pieces. Above is a polka dot jasper necklace. The centerpiece has been carefully fabricated, and the links were cast (finally- after my waxes kept blowing up in the kiln!) I tried a different casting company-with much better results.

The tube setting above the cabochon will be set with amber. Each pin that attaches the links to one another will also be capped with an amber cab. The jasper is a cream white with brown with a slight amber color. The added amber cabs will help make the jasper pop.

It will be a little while until this piece is done, but until then- I can't wait!

2 comments:

Janice said...

Oh my word - I so love this piece. I can't wait to see it finished!!! You're doing such a great job on it!

Anonymous said...

I like the links on this. It's very crisp and wintry, perfect for the holidays!