Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Year Ahead!

I'm ready and excited to jump into 2009! I've got big plans this year starting off with some home organization. I want to get the house and studio in ship-shape condition... It's getting close!

Next, I've got ambitions to search out and apply to more jewelry shows/ venues. Which means I'll be making more time to be in the studio. I'm going to focus on pieces that I want to make. A good combination of production and one of a kind pieces. No custom work- allowing me to explore more. Ultimately, I want to be able to create more pieces, taking time to learn and improve along the way-no pressure-just fun :).

I also want to better my abilities to organize the business aspect of my jewelry. I need to finally take time to learn QuickBooks, get better with online sales and promotions, and maybe take a step forward and join Etsy Metal. I'd like to become a part of a group of like-minded artists to keep my motivation and excitement high.

Beyond my jewelry aspirations, I'd like to make more time to go fishing with Mike. Keep up with my banjo, yoga, palates, and also take more walks and bike rides. I want to be able to spend more time outside this year. As much as I love my basement studio, I definitely need to get some fresh air once in a while.

Another thing I need to improve is spending more time with friends. I've been quite the hermit the past year being busy with other things. I've got to make more of an effort to be near those who mean the most to me.

Lastly, my biggest challenge, I'd really like to improve my diet. Pizza and Tacos need to become more infrequent on my dinner plate. I have a terrible fear of the kitchen and planning meals. I am going strive to change this. Healthy eating, more home cooked meals, and conquering my fears. Cooking can be creative...I just have to figure out how.

No comments: